Stott Pilates Reformer Certification Course in Austin THIS November and December 2016!
Description: This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement, as well as those who are unable to devote the time required in our Comprehensive Program due to work and/or scheduling issues. Conducted over 3 weeks or 4 weekends. Building on your industry knowledge it teaches you to design and lead the Level 1 Essential and Intermediate STOTT PILATES Reformer repertoire for personal or group training settings for a range of clients. You will leave with a solid foundation and required skills to develop effective and motivating Pilates Reformer programs. While IR may be taken prior to IMP, we recommend completing IMP first.
What you will learn:
- The STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Effective use of the reformer to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral extremity conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Effective communication and observational skills
- Verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- 139 exercises plus modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- Workout composition for personal and group training
December 16-18, 2016
The full course includes all three weekends.
Thursday, Friday & Saturday, 2 – 7:30pm**
Sunday, 11am – 4:30pm
*All days include a 30-minute break.
Early Bird Rate BEFORE October 31: $1,650
After October 31: $1,750
Both rates include 2 Reformer Manuals, 1 Support Materials Book, 4 Reformer DVDs.
Contact our Education Director at firstname.lastname@example.org