Written by guest blogger and foodie, Chelsy Ethridge. Read more of Chelsy’s great recipes on her personal blog, Mangia.
A couple of weeks ago my homegirl Aubrey over at I Talk to Food challenged herself to a raw diet for 1 week. For those of you who don’t know what a raw diet is, it is simply that…eating foods in their raw (uncooked) state. It’s definitely not as bad as it sounds. After reading her postsand listening to her vlog, I thought maybe I could one day challenge myself to eat raw. However, that day is not today, or yesterday, or one week ago. It is surely not tomorrow either. Heck, I don’t know when it will ever be. So, in the meantime, someone hand me a donut.
You see, I have tried raw meals before, and it can actually be quite delicious if you have the right equipment and the time to meal plan. After her challenge, ironically, Aubrey shared these RAW macaroons on her blog. They all looked delish!
So, of course, I had to make myself some of these raw coconut macaroons myself.
Easiest recipe ever.
If RAW foods could taste like this…I would eat RAW forever!
HAVE YOU EVER GONE RAW? WOULD YOU EVER GO RAW? HAVE YOU EVER CHALLENGED YOURSELF TO EAT DIFFERENT FOODS?
Raw Coconut Macaroons:
4 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 c. coconut oil
1 c. almond flour
2/3 c. agave nectar (honey)
1 t. sea salt
2 t. pure vanilla extract
4 t. cool water
1. Mix all of the ingredients together (minus the water) in a large mixing bowl, until the coconut oil is fully incorporated.
2. Add the water to the bowl and mix. The ingredients should combine to form balls.
3. If the dough isn’t sticky enough, add water by the teaspoon until the dough sticks together.
4. Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Freeze or refrigerate in a plastic container.